Grim Reaper broadheads

JDBinTN

Any of you ever used these? If so how did they work? I may try mechanicals this year and it's between these and Rage.

backstraps

I used the grim reapers.. really liked them. They are very effective, BUT I seen what the Rage done last year through my brother in laws hunt... OMG! What a hole, no wonder you have a huge blood trail to follow!

JeepKuntry

I bought Grim Reapers when they first came out. Out of the package, the blades were extremely dull. They flew true, but with the angled blade, it was harder to sharpen them, and I never used them in the field!

Big J

The ones I saw a Bass Pro were sharp along the backedge as well. Billy said they were scary sharp!!

Big Gun

A little story about the first deer I shot with them. Mature doe comes down the trail a stops at about 15 yards just slightly quartering to me. I take aim just behind the crease where her shoulder and ribs meet and let the arrow fly. She turned at the same moment towards me so that my arrow hit her high on her left side at a very bad angle. I followed a blood trail that looked like someone had poured blood out of a bottle. When I found her the arrow had entered her left side middle of the ribcage passed all the way through and came out her right ham next to her bung hole. They had opened perfectly and left a very large exit hole, they had even sliced one of her backstraps for me. ;)

tiecampdeerslayer

Try the rage 2 blade. They fly true and performance for me last year was outstanding. I had a doe at 40 yds and she became alert and at the sound of the release of the arrow she took a lunge forward and the rage hit her square in the hind quarter. She only made it about 60 yds. The arrow had penetrated the onside hindquarter and lodged in the offside hindquarter. Massive hole and lots of blood. The blades were only slightly bent. I was impressed at the results coming from a 62lb draw weight at that distance and the head still held together all to do now is replace the blades and you're back in business.....

Latest posts