Greetings Fellow Hunters

redgineer

Hey guys and gals,

I'm new to the sight, and this fall will be my first year hunting in Tennessee. I live in North Alabama just outside of Huntsville, so I'm just 20 minutes from the state line. My plan is to hunt deer, small game, and may go on a few turkey hunts. I live to hunt. The pandemic has given me a flexible work hours and have eliminated my social obligations, so I have a lot of time to get out in the woods these days. Below is a little about me and what I hope to do next season.

I love public land hunting! It's a lot more work for a lot less success, but the adventure creates memories I will never forget. I mainly hunt small game on public land, but I will bow hunt deer if I scout some good areas while squirrel hunting. I plan doing a few day hikes this summer to do some preseason scouting. These will also be great opportunities to train my hound pup, who will hopefully be ready for squirrel hunting this fall. I'm not asking for anyone's honey hole, but any tips on good public land in Southern Middle Tennessee would greatly appreciated.

I would also like to find some private land to hunt. I would prefer it be in Giles, Lincoln, or Franklin County, but I'm willing to drive a little further if I have to. In Alabama, I tend to have a hunt club membership, but that doesn't seem to be as common in Tennessee. My plan for now is to start looking for a lease. I would be open to going in on a lease with a few other hunters if anyone is interested. Any info y'all have on leases and hunt clubs would help a lot.

Latest posts