Great fishing trip!

moondawg

Went to the Spring River in Arkansas this past weekend with my brothers. It was the first time in a long time--if not ever--that the three of camped by ourselves, we usually have our dad or uncle along with us.

I caught everything on a 1/16 oz minnow colored roostertail. Several GOOD sized rainbow trout (and a few smaller ones), 2 smallmouth bass, and 2 redeared sunfish. I was doing good until I got hung up in a tree across the river. I tried wading towards it to get it, but the water was a little deeper than I'd like...so I left it. I felt like Tom Hanks in the movie "Castaway", crying out "WILSON! WILSON!" :D Instead of bawling, I just tied another lure on and kept fishing. :D

Dodge Man

I love fishing the spring river! Those fish will bite anything almost. They are stocked trout so they will bite caned corn on a hook. The best thing I found the last time I was there was crawfish tales. We found a bunch of good size crawfish in the shallow water near the camp grounds and we caught them and pulled the tails off. We put the tail on a hook with just some split shot and would catch a trout on almost every cast near some of the rougher water.

moondawg

Dodge Man said:
I love fishing the spring river! Those fish will bite anything almost. They are stocked trout so they will bite caned corn on a hook.

True! If you can't catch something there, something is wrong!

Latest posts