Grass /weed ID?

Football Hunter

Hoping this was a grass,I sprayed for grasses yesterday,but sent a pic to 8pts,he said a weed.So,24db?Do I need to wait any time period between spraying Clethmodin and 24db?

Quailman

Yep, Steven is correct. Microstegium vimineum. Also known as Nepalese browntop. Loves to grow on woodland fringes where there's ample sunlight.

Diehard Hunter

You may kill it, but any disturbance to the soil will bring it roaring back. It is very invasive, and can be extremely difficult to control. Good luck with it, and get a handle on it while you can, it can grow just about anywhere, and it takes over.

PickettSFHunter

Stiltgrass used to be one of my worst problems but I got it under control through spraying it throughout the summer before it ever goes to seed with gly. Of course, I also rarely ever disk or otherwise work the soil. I even make sure to kill it off my logging roads. It will choke a clover plot.

Quailman

FH, Just looked at some research conducted by U.T. Extension (Craig Harper) on japangrass control. Either Imazapic or Clethodim had the best results for control, with Imazapic providing the best long-term control. Just remember that Imazapic may not be best in your situation because it does have soil activity and may suppress the growth of other plants you are trying to promote.

Latest posts