Got my sabots

cecil30-30

I ordered some harvester sabots for my savage 10ml after doing some research on dugsmessage boards.I ordered the smooth black sabot and the red crush rib sabot the one designed for smokeless powder.I immediatly opened both packs up,and put a 250gr xtp in it and pushed each one down the barrel.The smooth black sabot went down way to easy.But the red crush rib sabot was very hard going down,which indicates a tight fit..Which should be good.The red crush rib was alot tighter going down than the short black MMP sabot that savage reccomends and the one I've been useing.Can't wait till saturday to try these out.I sure hope I get some better results since i'll be switching sabots. I also got osme 300gr xtp's to try.

cecil30-30

I wouldn't count them out until you try them.Alot of savage 10ML's shoot them really good.I just can't get them to shoot good out of my rifle.I've tried them with,3 different sabots,both 250gr and 300gr,and they just don't do very well. But your rifle might be different. Do you have a Savage 10ML?

dh1984

Hey Cecil have you tried the Thor bullets yet? they are a full bore bullet with little to no blow by and good accuracy. well that's what i was told by a friend of mine.

dh1984

i just got some harvester PT gold i 260 grain and some saber tooth in 270 grain to try out in my muzzle loader.Ill let you ll know how they work out and everything.

Latest posts