Got my 30/30 back from gunsmith

Stalkhunter

They did the mount for me and I put the scope on. Looking forward to getting it sighted in.
E8F73B83-78BD-498D-8EA0-51821D28855D.jpeg
CF8DE805-518B-44C4-A70E-B8C613AEF8B3.jpeg

ROB

Those are neat rifles. Read up on their history. If I remember correctly, the were made right after WWII, and were made from leftover, screw on machine gun barrels....or something like that.
I think you are right. I bought my rifle at a pawn shop in the summer of 2009 for $100. The pawn shop owner bought the gun at an estate sale. He knew the original owner who had been a soldier in WW2. After coming back from overseas when the war ended, the original owner, who was single at the time, bought the rifle & started hunting deer. He mainly hunted in Land Between the Lakes & around what is now Ballard Co WMA in KY, because those were a couple of the few places near his home where there was a huntable population of deer. The Savage 340 was a budget rifle marketed to guys just like him, former soldiers who knew how to shoot, had a little money in their pocket, and were ready to get out & have a little fun. They were sold at Montgomery-Ward, Western Auto, & Sears and were originally priced at $35-$40. They are still one of the few commonly produced bolt action 30-30s, maybe the only one until the Remington 788 in the late 60s-early 70s,

Latest posts