Got me a 4x4 honda foreman last week.

Rico

Bought me a 2000 foreman last week for 1500. It was in good shapebut it needed the top end rebuild. had that done for about 500 and now i got me a good working foreman for around $2000. Not bad at all imo. I see 'm sell for $2500 and up..

Anyone else here got a foreman? do you like it?

BlackBelt

I've got a '99 foreman. You shouldn't have any trouble out of it once you get it up and running. Thats why people buy Hondas!!!
There's also a Foreman forum that's pretty helpful if you have any questions about it. Just google it and it'll come up.

BlackBelt

yeah, mine squeaks also. I think it's just got mud and dirt down in the suspension components. (I've taken it through some deep water). Hasn't affected performance though.

Efhutton

I bought a new honda foreman 450 with the electric shift in 98, that was the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned. Frontend made the squeaks, battery would not stay charged,the electric shift would not work half the time, and hard to steer. Turned me off the Hondas.I think Yamaha,Kawasaki,and susuki are far ahead of the game than Honda.

BlackBelt

beerslayer40 said:
hey blackbelt and shoota...where you guys from...im in West tenn too.
----------------------------------------------------
Live in Germantown, work in Memphis.
My Foreman will discharge the battery in a couple of months if I don't keep it on a battery tender. They said it was because the clock keeps a trickle drain on the battery. But I made a quick disconnect thingy so that I can just hook it up to the tender when I pull it into the garage. I always have a fully charged battery now, and the tender doesn't hurt the battery.
But other than that, it's been the toughest ATV I've ever seen!

oakclimber

i have a 03 formeman 450 es. its been a good one except for the squeeky front right shock. ive sprayed it off,wd40'd it and the squeek is still there. i'm baffled. anyway i have a basket rack on the back and when we go huntin my dad rides on the back. when we put a deer or two in the back it saggs really bad and thats to be expected. i just put two overload coil springs in the back that i bought at an atv store about a week ago. now i need to go kill some deer and try it out.