Got Gator? I Do!

banyan slayer

Well, one thing that Florida has going for it is the awesome gator hunting we have here. Growing up in TN, I never dreamed I would ever be chasing these oversized lizards but boy it is fun! Took a buddy of mine out for his first gator last weekend and we had a great hunt. Connected with this 10'8" and missed a 12'+ due to equipment malfunction! :cry: We have a few more tags to fill so I think we should be able to get him a big one before season ends in Nov.

Picture001.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

A

Anonymous

I've caught a few on zara spooks down in Mississippi. Talk about a fight! Whew!!! They've got some lakes down there that are overrun with the darned things and they're protected. My wife's grandfather really freaked me out the first time I fished down there with him. He caught a 10 footer on a june bug lizard. Let me tell you, HE WAS PISSED OFF!!! And my breeches were about pissed on!!!

A.K.A.

Caught one once on a rattle trap by accidentally snagging what was left of its missing tail.

banyan slayer

Skins used to be worth real good money when tanned and processed. I personally keep the skins and process for boots, belts etc. skulls make an awesome mount which I will post a pic when I am finished with this one and of course there's the meat.

trealtree

banyan slayer said:
Skins used to be worth real good money when tanned and processed. I personally keep the skins and process for boots, belts etc. skulls make an awesome mount which I will post a pic when I am finished with this one and of course there's the meat.

Cool info. I had heard the skins would pay for your out of state tag. Guess not anymore.

Drop 4/5

Had a 10' on for an hr saturday night and I went to harpoon him and equipment failure!. We got 2 more tags to fill at Sta 5 in S. Fl. Maybe next week. It is one big adrenelin rush in a canoe.

Ron

banyan slayer

Good luck Ron! I know it is fun down there in the Sta's with the no motor action. I am thinking about sticking one out of my kayak before the season is over. It gets a little interesting when you are only seperated by some fiberglass and plastic!

Drop 4/5

There is definetly no $$ in it this year. Hell I had a check bounce on the first one i sold to the proceesor. I think they gave me $10 a foot this year that same gator was 2.5 times more money last year. Do for the fun anyway. Good luck and be safe.

Latest posts