Goose?

RobbyW

During the Conservation Order Season, which runs Jan. 30 to Feb. 3 and Feb. 5 to April 25, hunters can use electronic calls and unplugged shotguns. Daily shooting hours are extended from a half hour before sunrise to a half hour after sunset, and there are no daily bag limits or possession limits. Snow goose hunters must possess a hunting license, but it can be from any state. No federal or state waterfowl stamps are required, but hunters must obtain a free permit from Arkansas. Call (800) 364-4263 or visit agfc.com.

https://deltawaterfowl.org/arkansas-snow-geese/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Belt

I'm sure the snow geese get hammered from north to south and yet they're still in huge prolific numbers. I wonder what they do so different from other waterfowl to keep their numbers so high????

MickThompson

TN has the conservation order now as well.

Snow geese got out of hand because the folks that count them grossly underestimated their numbers for years. The current estimates are in the 50 million range for the continental population. Hunters kill 1-1.4 million each year, mostly juveniles. It's nearly impossible for predators to do any meaningful damage on the nesting grounds when they are in huge colonies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts