Goodbye old friend!

PalsPal

Always bittersweet to see a season close.

Turkeys are by far my favorite game to pursue, and am thankful to the Lord that I was able to do it again.

Am anxiously looking forward 4-5 yrs when my grandkids can experience it.

The season was great the first two weeks, but dwindled greatly after that.

Many memorable hunts to last me through until next season, and two great hunts on video when I want to relive them.

Anyway, back to real life!

megalomaniac

I'm tired Boss.

I think I hunted close to 45 days since Mar 15th. Walked 160ish miles. Killed enough, called in enough for others, passed up a bunch that it just wasn't their time, and got whooped by even more.

It's not often I feel this way at the end of the season, but I have had my fill and am relieved it's over. Time to tend to the house, wife and kids, work, and all the other little things that didn't get my full attention during turkey season.

ImThere

Hunted a few times. Birds were not where they were last year or not as vocal. Spent some time and miles finding them and still couldn't close the deal. Struggling with these Alabama Turkey but it'll happen. Second season here. I will say there is many less birds here than where I hunted in TN. No doubt!

Last edited:

Setterman

After a miserable season last year, this one was a blast. I was fortunate to kill all my KY and TN birds in the first 2 weeks. I had one "bad"'hunt and the others were filled with birds gobbling and close calls. Really fun season which was far more fun than last year

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Had a loooong renovation project that kept me from getting to the woods a single time—just wanted to spend what free time I had with the kids.

Now we're settled in, and I fully intend to make up for lost time, next year.

triple threat

For the past few years I've said, "I've hunted less than I ever have!", and it's been true. I'm having lots of conflicts with church, family, sickness and weather but it's all good. I shot a good, mature gobbler within the first hour of opening day. Got to choose between two! Of the few times I hunted the rest of the season I saw a very few hens and had one good "dueling banjos" hunt with what was probably a really nice gobbler that I couldn't see then but have seen him several times when I wasn't hunting. I'm thankful to the Lord and looking forward to next season.

Latest posts