good scope for a 30-30

Hogbear

I've got a Weaver classic 1-3x20 on a couple of lever guns. Set on 1x, it's just as fast as a red dot sight and works great with both eyes open. Zoomed up to 3x is fine for 100+ yard still shots.

ratsnakeboogy

Redfield 1.75 x 5. That's what's on mine, and it is FAST in the woods when on 1.75. If you have a longer shot, crank it to 5, no problems.

Tiny

ratsnakeboogy said:
Redfield 1.75 x 5. That's what's on mine, and it is FAST in the woods when on 1.75. If you have a longer shot, crank it to 5, no problems.

Agree with that as long as its a Widefield,which would be my 1st choice, and if you can find one.Pick up one off E bay a while and stuck it on my Marlin .35Rem. ;) :)

Really any low powered fixed scope would do well or any any variable 2x7x or under unles it is a compact model.

One of the New Redfields 2x-7 would be a good choice IMO as would the Burris Fullfield 2

ratsnakeboogy

Tiny said:
ratsnakeboogy said:

Agree with that as long as its a Widefield,which would be my 1st choice, and if you can find one.Pick up one off E bay a while and stuck it on my Marlin .35Rem. ;) :)

Really any low powered fixed scope would do well or any any variable 2x7x or under unles it is a compact model.

One of the New Redfields 2x-7 would be a good choice IMO as would the Burris Fullfield 2

Yep, mine is a Widefield. Picked it up from a member here a year or so ago.

cecil30-30

You guys have got me rethinking my optics choice on my 30-30,I bought a Simmions whitetail classic 3x9x50 last year and put on it,and ain't even sighted it in,but after reading this,I checked out the redfield line of scopes and Im gonna order the 2-7x33 for it,and put the 3x9 on my 22-250..Them redfields look like good scopes for the money and they are made by Leupold..

redblood

cecil30-30 said:
You guys have got me rethinking my optics choice on my 30-30,I bought a Simmions whitetail classic 3x9x50 last year and put on it,and ain't even sighted it in,but after reading this,I checked out the redfield line of scopes and Im gonna order the 2-7x33 for it,and put the 3x9 on my 22-250..Them redfields look like good scopes for the money and they are made by Leupold..

You will be glad that you downsized. Short light carbines are no place for telescopes. Your rifle will look better and balance much better with the small scope and your head placement will be lower on your stock

cecil30-30

redblood said:
cecil30-30 said:

You will be glad that you downsized. Short light carbines are no place for telescopes. Your rifle will look better and balance much better with the small scope and your head placement will be lower on your stock
yeah that 3x9x50 sure does look funny on it..LOL

ratsnakeboogy

[/quote]

You will be glad that you downsized. Short light carbines are no place for telescopes. Your rifle will look better and balance much better with the small scope and your head placement will be lower on your stock [/quote]

x2

Latest posts