Good hiking show

TX300mag

Looking for a good hiking shoe in the $100 range (although I could be talked into spending a little more). I'd like something breathable and that would be OK to trail run in OCCASIONALLY.

My son has a pair of Merrels, but I tried some on and didn't really love the diesel and fit. Plus I don't really care that they're made in China. I liked the Keens, but after reading I hear the quality has gone downhill in the last three years or so. The kids and wife have sandals they love, but she has a knack for finding them at thrift stores so there's no telling how old the are.

Soloman?
North Face?
Asolo?

Any input appreciated. I only want to buy once if I can help it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thetoolman

Just got a pair of Saloman Speedcross 3's and really like them. They aren't breathable like you want because they are water resistant, but very comfortable shoe with good support for trails.

TX300mag

Thanks, thetoolman. A good friend of mine here takes some long hikes a couple of times a year. He has a pair of Saloman and is happy with them. I might stop in to Bass Pro Memphis, Nashville, or Seviereville if I don't have a pair of shoes by next week. I've even got a $25 gift card left over from Christmas-lol!

TNRifleman

I have a pair of North Face trail shoes that fit me incredibly well. Not sure the fit would be for everyone but I love them.

I spent 5 days in my Keen hiking boots elk hunting last October. I put probably 35-40 miles on them and they were fantastic.

whiskey

I got a pair of the Solomon Mid GTX boots for winter hiking and I love them. I'll try their shoes when I need a new summer pair. I really love the Saucony Peregrine trail runners. I wore a pair slap out backpacking.

"So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out in to the street."

Buzzard Breath

At one time or another, I've worn about all of the mentioned trail runners for running, hiking and backpacking. You can't go wrong with any of them. I'm currently wearing Adidas Terex Agravic and I'm pleased with them also.

https://www.adidasoutdoor.com/terrex-agravic/IUW34.html

I much prefer a breathable shoe over a waterproof shoe. If I go through any sort of water, or sweat buckets (like me), my feet are going to get wet whether my shoes are waterproof or not. A breathable shoe/wool sock combo will dry out over time, while a waterproof shoe just keeps my foot wet.

Latest posts