Gobbling better?

Boll Weevil

For those still at it how has the gobbling been the last couple of days? I'll finally have a chance to get back in the woods end of this week but that first full week of the season, gobbling was horrible.

are they hollerin" better on your properties now that maybe there's fewer hens to compete with?

Remington700

Haven't hunted since the weekend. Saturday they gobbled a lot. Sunday I didn't hear a one. The cooler weather coming in makes me think gobbling will be slow.

Boll Weevil

Thanks ya'll. This pic was taken 8 days ago and to say the hens were giving me fits would be an understatement. Every gobbler that wanted a date had one, and if he didn't have any girlfriends all he had to do was strut, drum, or gobble exactly once and the gals were on the way.

Made for some quiet days but hopefully things are looking up by now if some of the hens are out of the way.

m.jpg

cowhunter71

Thanks ya'll. This pic was taken 8 days ago and to say the hens were giving me fits would be an understatement. Every gobbler that wanted a date had one, and if he didn't have any girlfriends all he had to do was strut, drum, or gobble exactly once and the gals were on the way.

Made for some quiet days but hopefully things are looking up by now if some of the hens are out of the way.

View attachment 72210
No need for gobbling with sign like that;)

Boll Weevil

Bringing this thread back up for folks that have been hunting the last few days. I have a single satellite cam that's been sending pics of henless toms about the last 6 or 7 days. This combined with reports of nesting hens has me somewhat optimistic for what will be my last few hunts of the year.

For those that are still at it, how's the been gobbling lately?

PalsPal

Heard 3 different ones this morning. All three were hot at different times after hitting the ground.

Unfortunately the one we were on drew his line in the sand and would not cross it.

I went back this afternoon and saw him with a hen. He wasn't interested in anything else.

bowhunterfanatic

Been surprisingly good for me this late in the year. I finally tagged number 3 this morning and while ground gobbling was almost non existent, I did hear quite a few on the limb.

Latest posts