go pro hd camera

Pursuit Hunter

Based on the videos posted above, they clearly do a nice job when the subject is nearby. They have a fairly wide angle lens which is perfect for close subjects but maybe not so good on distant subjects. I would try to borrow one and take it 15 - 20 feet up a tree and see how it does. I'm just guessing, but I bet a deer would look pretty small from that distance.

southernhunter

pursuit hunter, from the videos i have watched on you tube . you are right . a guy shot a doe at 20 yards and i had a hard time seeing the deer till it ran. but every one seems to like them and i even talk to the guy that flims for the pse guys and he said the use them for in the tree close ups. so i guess i will buy one then save for a better long distance cam .

Pursuit Hunter

southernhunter said:
pursuit hunter, from the videos i have watched on you tube . you are right . a guy shot a doe at 20 yards and i had a hard time seeing the deer till it ran. but every one seems to like them and i even talk to the guy that flims for the pse guys and he said the use them for in the tree close ups. so i guess i will buy one then save for a better long distance cam .
I watched a hunting show where the guy was self-filming his hunts. He used a gopro mounted on a pole that stuck out from his stand in order to film himself. He was using a standard video camera for filming the deer. I'd spend my money on a good used video camera first if the main goal is to film hunts.

basset

Might consider using a digital SLR for the main camera... just be sure you get one that'll accept an external microphone.

Latest posts