glass bottles

Inkstainz

Yesterday while I was out hanging stands I came across an old homestead site and found quite a few glass bottles. Anybody else think these things are cool? I am gonna try to get a piece of reclaimed wood or a cross cut section of a log and use it as a shelf in my man cave. Pics to follow

catman529

I love old bottles when I find them, haven't found much older than the 1920s but I especially like old coke bottles. Most of the homesteads I have found were from the 70s or 80s so not much of old bottles there, but tons of bottles and jars and junk. Oh and those old planks of wood make great plaques for european mounts.

BackwoodsBoy

Ive grabbed a few old bottles and old electric/telephone line glass insulators when I see them...Id like to do some metal detecting but I have so many hobbies already that I never have time to do everything I want haha...need more hours in the day

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
A old Timer that I used to metal detect ,search for arrow heads,and bottles with taught me a trick for finding bottles. When a old outhouse got full they would dig a new one and fill in the old one with bottles and things that they couldn't burn.Then throw some dirt on top. We would go to the back yard and look for a depression in the ground.He always had a metal rod to poke around with.Poke the rod in the ground if it goes in easy for several feet start digging.