give me a report on Dale Hollow

Physiksgeek

Just came back from a week up there around Sunset Marina. Water came up a foot and a half from Sunday to Wednesday. Quit worrying about it after that. Fished hard with limb lines, jugs and trots. Averaged eight cats a day, caught several nice bream and one largemouth. 65 degrees at the surface and 60 degrees 10 feet down, water was clear but a bunch of trash in the water back towards the Obey....I will temper all of this by saying it was my first time there.

Kimberman

I spent all week up there and just got back yesterday. The water is still high, but they have been running the flood gates on the dam for the 1st time in 20 years, so the level is dropping. The fishing was better b4 they opened up the gates, the falling water made the last 3 days up there a little tough. The water was a little stained in places, but its Dale Hollow, stained water there is still alot clearer than most lakes. We ended up with 59 smallmouth and 2 spots, all caught on grubs. We had 3 overs (over 21") and 5 fish over 4lbs,biggest being 4.5. They are pulling hard right now, if your planning on going, I would go soon.

Tubakka

I'm wanting to get into the smallmouth fishing on Dale Hollow. I also assume if you are going after those brown fish, the OTHER brown fish in there won't be far behind [at least that's what I read in articles concerning Great Lakes brown trout]. What's the best approach? I have a TON of homemade silver buddies. Drop deep, thump thump, and vibrate like crazy. Woud those do it?

Latest posts