Getting about that time

Hardwoodmaterials

I guess the next time we have a couple pretty days in a row so the ground dries out a little I will till up the garden and start planting. I will drop the cabbage and onions in the ground first then everything else around the 2 week of April except okra. The okra will be planted last around the end of April. My 3 year old said he is helping this year. He picked out some glass popcorn to add to the garden. I generally don't mess with corn but he insists we need it. The first year he helped, he was almost 2, I set a 60ft row of onions and when I stood up and looked back he was about 5 ft behind pulling up the "weeds" and throwing them in the yard! Ha-Ha

DaveB

My 4 year old would get up every morning, look out her bedroom window and then run downstairs and out the door to see "did the zucchini grow." She would find a lady bug and coax it into her hand and then run like mad to put that bug on the Z.

Kids and gardening go together pretty doggone good.

WTM

i always prep my spring beds in the fall. cover with wheat straw and in spring just pull back the wheat straw and plant. i've had broccoli, cabbage, onions, lettuce and potatoes in the ground for 2 weeks.

my garden is usually so wet, especially this year, i plan for the 1st of May for eveything else. ive gotten burned in march and april plantings anyway with a late cold rain or frost.

Carlos

We set out broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower today. I went ahead and setup the electric fence as well.

Youre right, it won't be long now.
97a9009ef71001a17d9dfd131ef1f30d.jpg
4832b79a0c4b3bcd2bb9b3250b0f2861.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Happysack

I was finally able to get my ground turned yesterday. Then I got over an inch of rain last night oh well as soon as it dries up again I can pull the tiller through it and be ready to plant.