Gettin em ready

Xxb00mh0werxx

Well if you wanna know you're a dumbass, do what I did today.

Went to get my muzzleloader ready for deer season...got all the way to the range I am a member at (45 or so minutes away) to realize I brought powder and projectiles but no primers. Got home and realized I set then on top of the dresser while getting everything else ready.

Kicked myself in the ass for literally two hours.

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
Well I shot my cva wolf about 2 weeks ago and it was all over the place so replaced the nikon scope with a leupold 3hd still over the place guess the nikon scope is good. Called cva they said u could send it in take 4-6 weeks. I did learn something new the cva wolf and optima is not a 3 shot guarantee all they could do with my wolf is make sure everything is in speck. So I went out and bought a cva accura mxr I think that what it is and since it came with a blackhorn breech plug I got sneak blackhorn and primers and shooting 75gr by weight with a 250gr Barnes expander and I'm touched bullet holes so not to send in the wolf to see if I can get it fixed.

M T Pockets 000

Speaking of boolets. I have been using Parker Ballistic Extremes 451". They are what I was told to use in my CVA Hunter 45/70 conversion. Tried a few other boolets but they would get stuck or were too loose. My hunting buddy had some Hornady 451" XTP that his rifle just refused to shoot accurately. He said man I wish you could shoot these XTP I'd give em to you. Well we looked and 451" vs 451" so we loaded one up. It clipped the bulls eye. So.......I have an option now.

CHRIS WILSON

All I can say is the Knight was shooting on point this morning. Changed lot numbers of Blackhorn powder which called for a few tweaks on the scope but it was laying down some tight groups. Now, it's just waiting for next Saturday.

hybridtom

Well I shot my cva wolf about 2 weeks ago and it was all over the place so replaced the nikon scope with a leupold 3hd still over the place guess the nikon scope is good. Called cva they said u could send it in take 4-6 weeks. I did learn something new the cva wolf and optima is not a 3 shot guarantee all they could do with my wolf is make sure everything is in speck. So I went out and bought a cva accura mxr I think that what it is and since it came with a blackhorn breech plug I got sneak blackhorn and primers and shooting 75gr by weight with a 250gr Barnes expander and I'm touched bullet holes so not to send in the wolf to see if I can get it fixed.
Where did you get the new one out of curiosity?

squirrel_hunter

Our muzzle loader season ended last Sunday. I killed 3 with mine. I enjoyed muzzle loader hunting. I shot mine 2 days before season. Shooting a hornady 250gr sst bullet. With 84grs by weight of blackhorn. A 3 shot grouped measure 1/2 inch at 100. I am going to carry my muzzle loader during rifle season in my truck. Trapping season opens same day as gun deer season. I will be setting traps .

RockMcL

I have my TC Encode 50 cal barrel set out to install. Need to pull the 243 barrel off and verify sometime this week.

Been using a nail gun and screw gun too much trying to get some outside construction done before we are complaining about how cold it is instead of how warm it is...

Will be using BH and 240 gn Hornaday in sabots.

Going to try to have an AGM Desperado 12 gauge double pistol set up with 1 oz slugs/sabots for any deer that comes too close, especially on strong side. Probably goex ff for that one.

Latest posts