genius or dangerous?

West_Tn

That set up is what a lot of people are going to and they get a full days use out of some of the better batteries.

Crow Terminator

This is what I used on my kayak and may go to it for my bow sonar too, to see if it knocks out the trolling motor interference. Fits in the palm of your hand and will power your sonar all day. I actually went 3 trips without charging it to see how long it would last. You'll get approx 12-14 hrs continuous use out of a single charge before the unit powers off. That was with running down scan and mapping combo screen.

Attachments

• 7A255820-BB66-471B-A771-7E3238A4401E.jpeg
    7A255820-BB66-471B-A771-7E3238A4401E.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 73

West_Tn

if thats the case, heck you could mount one under the console and one toward the bow. it would keep interference down to nothing.
I believe that was the original intent was to eliminate basically all interference.

X-Tennessean

i cant think of anything that could cause damage to a graph but kind of surprised they provide enough power for any length of time with an 8410.

I know several crappie tournament fisherman who are running these setups! Mostly Milwaukee and I have heard no complaints at all.
Higher voltage, cleaner and less weight!

WTM

I know several crappie tournament fisherman who are running these setups! Mostly Milwaukee and I have heard no complaints at all.
Higher voltage, cleaner and less weight!
i was going to buy a cheaper li-po4 battery, run a main feed to a seperate fuse block then wire out to my graphs. but if this works heck i could do it for 100 bucks and not have the hassle of fishing wire.

Spurhunter

i was going to buy a cheaper li-po4 battery
I've been considering this as well. I'm running Dakota Lithiums for my trolling motor and a lead acid cranking battery for my outboard and graphs. My concern is running my cranking battery down too much to crank the outboard. Three 9" graphs use a lot of battery.

WTM

I've been considering this as well. I'm running Dakota Lithiums for my trolling motor and a lead acid cranking battery for my outboard and graphs. My concern is running my cranking battery down too much to crank the outboard. Three 9" graphs use a lot of battery.
i got some new noise coming from my engine for the last year on one of my transom xducers. i thought it was carp but one day i turned the motor off and was pulling jigs and it went away. ive never seen that type of interference before. so im thinking its backfeeding from the altenator on the motor. since i cant fit another battery in the rear im thinking of ripping iut the front livewell and making that a storage locker with a battery compartment just for my graphs.

bluball

1 9in,2 10in and a 12in graphs,2 lss1 boxes,nema power,livesvope blackbox,bluetooth gps antenna,i use alot of battery power2🤣

bluball

My setup in a front compartment of my boat,like the extra weight up front.One set of batteries is for my 24volt trolling motor,one battery for most of my electronics (also have bird 360 powered,didnt mention it in the other post)and a powerbubbles aerator for my minnow bucket,ither battery is actually an extra but i have my livescope on it.4 bank charger in the top right by batteries you can barely see it.For $100 each you cant go wrong unless you need to save some weight.WTM I run electronic chokes on all my power cables on the unit end and a choke on my trolling motor power wires and have never had any interference and thats with 3 fishfinders,360,livescope and lowrance sidescan transducer on the front
20210630-191530.jpg

YFZ450SER

but after looking, those batteries are a couple hundred bucks a piece. might be good for a kayak still.
I just bought this for $211 including tax.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
My setup in a front compartment of my boat,like the extra weight up front.One set of batteries is for my 24volt trolling motor,one battery for most of my electronics (also have bird 360 powered,didnt mention it in the other post)and a powerbubbles aerator for my minnow bucket,ither battery is actually an extra but i have my livescope on it.4 bank charger in the top right by batteries you can barely see it.For $100 each you cant go wrong unless you need to save some weight.WTM I run electronic chokes on all my power cables on the unit end and a choke on my trolling motor power wires and have never had any interference and thats with 3 fishfinders,360,livescope and lowrance sidescan transducer on the front
20210630-191530.jpg
That compartment cost more than my boat.
LOL

bluball

all those batteries would flip my boat over.
Mine is only a 17fter🤣the bow sets high in the water,the batteries helped alot.Sets even better with 2 people up front,doesnt get blowed around as bad when its windy.

Crow Terminator

Mine is only a 17fter🤣the bow sets high in the water,the batteries helped alot.Sets even better with 2 people up front,doesnt get blowed around as bad when its windy.
That's how mine is too. I think they didn't put the best design on mine. Its got three 12v batteries in the back, with the gas tank, outboard weight, etc all back there. It's heavy in the rear. But...the 115 Pro XS on it is a 20" shaft with a tall transom. With the motor as low as it will go by the mounting holes, I still can't trim it much without cavitation. If it didn't have the weight in the back, I probably couldn't trim it up at all without cavitation. I don't even need a fuel gauge... I can tell when it gets light back there from how much I can trim lol

Latest posts