Gas Rings in a Shotgun???

spitndrum

Is it hard to change the gas rings in a shotgun....

I have a Mossberg 935 Magnum and I was going to try to shoot Dove Loads threw it but as of right now it chambers 3" or 3 1/2" inch mags???

I was told to switch the gas rings but if its going to be a pain each time I am not fooling with it??? :confused:

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
I know others have had some success cycling 2 3/4 inch shells in the Mossy 935, but the general concensus is that you need to break it in real good with some stiffer 3 or 3 1/2 inch fodder before it will reliably cycle 2 3/4 inchers. And even then it's a crap shoot and you probably will need to feed it higher end 2 3/4 inch shells to get it to cycle. In all honesty, you can't fault Mossberg. Your 935's cycling problems with the shorter lighter ammo is to be expected. Mossberg clearly states the gun is designed for 3 and 3 1/2 inch ammo. If you want to shoot the shorter shells why did you buy the 935 from your cuz? The 930 is better cut out for it.
Sell it and buy a remmy 1100 or 1187 ;)

pathfindr92

sell it and a bunch of other crap and buy a SBE! or a Stoeger 2000. or a Franchi I-12. same gun really. shoots everything. no rings required!

:laugh:

Latest posts