Garmin chrono

Snowwolfe

I been following threads on the new Garmin Chrono for about the last month or so. This Garmin is an instant game changer and overnight has basically rendered every chrono with screens obsolete.
Sure, the screen models may still work but who in the hell would want to go thru the hassle to set them up and shoot thru them?
Life is to short. Ordered one today.

LY

Buddy has one, he gets on here every so often, so he may reply.

He loves it, I got to use it once, we set it up in conjunction with my Caldwell. I can't remember the numbers very well, but I think it ran 10ish fps lower than the Caldwell on .22 subsonic and 50-70 fps lower on some high powered rifles. Of course who knows which was the more accurate one, but it was most likely the Garmin.

If it wasn't for the price I'd have one. It was a dream to set up and use. He loves the way it connects to a phone/ipad.

The only issue he has it that he can't load the files directly into a reloading program he uses. The Garmin doesn't have one of the file types used by the reloading program.

Snowwolfe

Check out the size. So easy to use a caveman can do it. Just point it down range. Takes up less space than a box of 30-06 ammo. The easier it fits into a persons range bag the more it will be carried and used. Plus you don't have to wait for a cold range to set it up.

Attachments

• IMG_2035.jpeg
    IMG_2035.jpeg
    357.4 KB · Views: 3

TiminTN

I was wondering what to do with a gift card my wife got me for Christmas. It was a Bass Pro Shop gift card. I had a conversation with a shooting buddy about him watching a video on the new Garmin chronograph. I decided to check into the price, so Googled them. They were all $599, but what got my attention was Bass Pro offered them! My gift card went to very good use!!

DaveTN

I have no legitimate need for one other than as a "gadget". So, I'll have to wait until they are on sale for $199. 🤣

I wonder how they have addressed software upgrades? This is a game changer for the Chronograph market. I bet changes and new features will be coming at these fast. Probably like they do with their GPS…buy new. :)

Gav-n-Tn

I have no legitimate need for one other than as a "gadget". So, I'll have to wait until they are on sale for $199. 🤣

I wonder how they have addressed software upgrades? This is a game changer for the Chronograph market. I bet changes and new features will be coming at these fast. Probably like they do with their GPS…buy new. :)
I felt like I needed it to safely work up some black to smokeless conversion loads along with some others. I had to think on it pretty hard.

megalomaniac

Used one this morn after coyote hunting to finish breaking in new bbl and fireforming new brass.

It's NICE... REAL NICE. Keeps up with entire shot string without a hiccup, and I was doing a full cleaning between every 5 shot group. Remembers all the data, so it's accessible after you get home. Does all the other basic stuff like calculate SD and ES of course.

Is it 599 nice??? Let's just say I'm glad my buddy bought one and will let me use his whenever.

That being said, if they get down to $299, I'm all over one.

Super easy to not have to fool with sunscreens, etc like my trad chrono. Just set it 15in back from the muzzle and 5in off to the side of the firearm, and you're good to go

Rockhound

Used one this morn after coyote hunting to finish breaking in new bbl and fireforming new brass.

It's NICE... REAL NICE. Keeps up with entire shot string without a hiccup, and I was doing a full cleaning between every 5 shot group. Remembers all the data, so it's accessible after you get home. Does all the other basic stuff like calculate SD and ES of course.

Is it 599 nice??? Let's just say I'm glad my buddy bought one and will let me use his whenever.

That being said, if they get down to $299, I'm all over one.

Super easy to not have to fool with sunscreens, etc like my trad chrono. Just set it 15in back from the muzzle and 5in off to the side of the firearm, and you're good to go
Eh going off what we get them for direct from Garmin you will probably see them around the $450 mark eventually maybe a little lower, but I doubt it.

Maude

I want one, BAD, but I'm not in heat bad enough to plop down $599+tax+shipping. As I write this, I'm reminded of screwing with my old beta trying to get the screens just right for a reading. Maybe the heat is coming on.

megalomaniac

Based on the number of LabRadars, magnetospeeds I've seen up for sale in the past 3 months on online forums, I'd say the Garmin has quickly become the gold standard.

Used it again for finding optimal powder charge and seating depth for ES, and it never missed a reading. I'm used to an old Pro Chrony, and that thing would 'ERR' about every 7th round.

Latest posts