Game Cart

Jon54

Ive read numerous posts asking about which game cart to buy. Not owning a truck or ATV, I had to gave one. I ended up buying one manufactured by Kill Shot. I bought it on eBay and it was sold by Discountramps.com. I paid about $67 including shipping.

The cart is labeled to be able to handle 500#. Can it? I don't know but it appears to be plenty stout. It has large spoke wheel which are painted green. The cart can be folded up and easily transported by my me sized suv. Overall I'm happy with my purchase.

But, on the negative side, the bag of hardware didn't include every part. I can get the missing parts at Lowes but I just sent the seller an email requesting the missing pieces.

catman529

Tennessee Lead":1k2mtthf said:
I'd say the question is can the operator handle 500 pounds [emoji6]

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps
lol yea, I think your cart can handle any deer that TN can give you.

Jon54

Tennessee Lead":kbnbgo0s said:
I'd say the question is can the operator handle 500 pounds [emoji6]

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

Absolutely NOT. Right now I'm recovering from a rib I broke on Monday and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to play golf on Monday. It's a scramble and I'm supposed to be our A player. Anyone want to share some powerful pain meds? :bash:

FLTENNHUNTER1

Vermin93":2giazfew said:
How do the wheels smell?

I hear ya. The one I bought online stinks of rubber two years after I bought the cart. And I have hauled it outside my Xterra in a cargo carrier. After about a solid 8 hour drive home in the rain, it finally doesn't smell as strong as it did when I purchased it. Great cart, but the rubber stinks BAD and I mean BAD.

Jon54

Vermin93":fxbz634u said:
How do the wheels smell?
There is a very slight, and I mean slight odor. Never read the other posts about the stench of the rubber but this one isn't bad

DaveB

Yes, the one from SportsmanGuide certainly had a smell about it.

It went away quick once I stopped babying it. I washed it with soap and water, scrubbed the wheels with a hard brush, let them dry on the driveway in direct sunlight.

I also did away with th roll pins for assembling. I use nuts and bolts and yes I carry spares in my pack.

Headhunter

I would not get a game cart. Shappels jet sled or KL industries deer drag is what you need. not real expensive and glides through the woods.

Atchman2

I like the carts for hauling in stuff as well as hauling out deer. I have MS and I normally use a ground blind. My old one was so heavy I would wear out in a few minutes. With the cart I can go a lot longer.

(Yes the wheels on my stink too!) :D

SKFOOTER

I ordered the same deer cart for the same price 2 weeks ago. I haven't used it yet but I like the way it sets up and takes down. I will have to add 2 or 3 nylon buckle straps for securing the deer on it since it only came with one short one to hold the dissembled cart together. As for the smell of the tires, it was strong right outta the box. So after I assembled it I sprayed down the tires and wheels with Scent Killer and have left the cart sitting outside now for over a week and the smell seems to be dissipating.