fyi, navionics

WTM

havent updated my maps in a while, all i can say is good job. finally updated with garmin data to make it more accurate and some pretty good added features, bottom hardness sonar(doesnt look like ky lake yet), relief shading, etc., vegetation, etc. before; some places on ky lake would get you hurt if using navionics to navigate. still has the underwater cover and structures locations that navionics had before.

still testing my cheap android tablet to see how the built in gps and some other things are going to work but it looks promising.

Last edited:

WTM

here is another tip. dont plan on using an iphone or ipad app for navigation purposes since they have no stand alone gps. they use cell triangulation which is a quicker lock time but it onky puts you in the vacinity. ive seen iphones be off as much as 25-50 meters and 25 meters on ky lake can mean the difference between 50ft of water and 1 ft of water.

TNReb

I updated my Navioncs a short bit ago also. I like it. I like the relief shading feature, but I don't like their color palette for that. I wish it was customizable.

The C-Map Reveal card will be here in a couple days. C-Map has good charts for the lakes I fish most and I think I will like their relief shading better. I already have their Contour HD cards for TN and AL and will probably try to sell those and get a few bucks back.

I updated the software for my Lowrance units today as well as SS3D and Ghost.

I hope to give the Ghost 360 a shot Sunday evening to see how it looks.

Latest posts