Future Sequatchie County Resident

dranrab

I am in the process of closing on some land right outside of Dunlap. In 3 years when I am fully retired, I'll be calling it home. My family roots are up that way. I have spend most of my adult life in the Coast Guard. 20 years active duty and 16 as a civilian. Looking forward to getting away from hurricanes and all that comes with that and living in a quiet, peaceful area with 4 seasons. I'll be living in a community where I can't hunt, so I'll be looking for public land, club or lease opportunities.

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
It looks like public land opportunities are scarce in Sequatchie. Are there any decent leases or hunting clubs(NOT Dunaway, I am too poor for that lol) that you know of?
Yea, not much as far as public, but leases are pretty abundant. You have a few on cagle mountain out towards MUP and some on Lewis chapel mountain. You can go into Soddy daisy or Dayton and find a few leases. Whitwell has a few, but if I was to join a lease my first option around these parts would be on cagle mountain.

rifle02

Welcome to Tennessee and Sequatchie County. We will both find out how the hunting is there since I have also purchased property in that area. I can hunt where I will be and it seems to be a pretty good abundance of deer.

Latest posts