Fun afternoon

backyardtndeer

Took my 11 year old son for the first time ever to hunt this afternoon, pretty well just for the experience had no expectations. He is autistic and he finally said he wanted to go. Got in the stand a little after 3.
20230121_165828.jpg

We are in cwd zone, so still open here. He did ok being quiet for the must part. About 4:30 we have 5 does come out from our right. They make their way across out in front of us, but one wandered back into the woods. We still have 4 does grazing out in front of us and a Carolina wren made some noise when it landed in the small tree beside us. My son says daddy there's a bird. He proceeded to grab the tree and went to shaking it violently until the bird left. Old lead doe looks dead at us. She watched for a few seconds after I got him to stop and then put her head back down and went on eating grass.

Good thing for her that he hasn't practiced shooting much, yet.

Madbowh

Took my 11 year old son for the first time ever to hunt this afternoon, pretty well just for the experience had no expectations. He is autistic and he finally said he wanted to go. Got in the stand a little after 3.
View attachment 165151
We are in cwd zone, so still open here. He did ok being quiet for the must part. About 4:30 we have 5 does come out from our right. They make their way across out in front of us, but one wandered back into the woods. We still have 4 does grazing out in front of us and a Carolina wren made some noise when it landed in the small tree beside us. My son says daddy there's a bird. He proceeded to grab the tree and went to shaking it violently until the bird left. Old lead doe looks dead at us. She watched for a few seconds after I got him to stop and then put her head back down and went on eating grass.

Good thing for her that he hasn't practiced shooting much, yet.
I'm in the same boat, my son is 7 he's what people would call autistic. I call him the most t loving ball of energy you'll find kind of just leave him alone let him do him. But he finally asked me to go last week after getting home from taking my daughter 13. I need to find somewhere to bring him to just get his eyes on them and get him out there. I've not had him shoot a gun yet he's almost ready I think.

Latest posts