Frog fishin

BigRod

Best tips for frog fishin, especially the hook set. I missed 4 the other day and was pissed, granted I haven't done it in a while lol. Also feel free to add the ways y'all frog fish and what y'all look for. Me personally I fish grass mats and weed edges. Thanks y'all

Setterman

Slow on the hook set, often they just get part of the hook it seems. They snag it, and pull it to their lips before taking a second bite. The second bite is go time. Love frog fishing!

Hduke86

May you elaborate on the second bite?
I feel as if you're fishing around mats and weeds that the bass on the first bite either knocks it off a pad or swipes at it to get it into a better position. Since there's nothing above the frog holding it down when a bass comes from below it then it can't get a "good solid" bite. Then on the second "bite" they may have it under the water a little and can get a better hold on it like a dog chomping on a bone that about falls out of its mouth.

mike52

I went from a casting rod to a spinning rod set up. Seams the rod tip is lower and slower . I was missing with the casting , went to spinner and was about 100 % on hook set

Crow Terminator

The guys that guide on the TVA lakes during the peak November frog bite....they say they are tickled with a 50% hookup rate. If that tells you anything. The biggest thing I saw them doing was adding weight to the insides...it makes the frog sit lower on grass but then it also makes it sink in open water so most of their focus is on the mats. They also bend the hook up and out and trim the legs/tail to almost nothing. A lot of them have also gone to fishing them on spinning rods instead of bait casting due to most frog fishing is done with braided line and it casts better on spinning rods. It had a tendency to kink and knot up on bait casting reels when going for long casts.

Latest posts