Fresh Rub line

Chickencoop96

I didn't take pictures, but I have come across what seems to be a fairly fresh rub line but that's about the only sign of a buck or any deer in that area. the rub line follows a creek bank going down the mountain. the shavings are over top of the leaves, and some of the saplings were rubbed last year so there is a history of rubbing there. i put out a camera to see if anything is still utilizing the area. there ain't any worn out trails or close bedding in the area that I found, so i'm not sure if this is a promising spot. steep country with creek and close timber cuts. figured i'd see what ya'll think?

dsam

Put up a camera. Bucks are still in rut. Late December the rut is still on. Some bucks when you kill them this time of time the rack will pull off as well. Yearly does that reach 50 lbs or more will come into heat, so that is why is some cases you will see rut activity in January-March believe it not. Bucks travel now long distance still fired up to find a doe. Good luck!

Chickencoop96

Put up a camera. Bucks are still in rut. Late December the rut is still on. Some bucks when you kill them this time of time the rack will pull off as well. Yearly does that reach 50 lbs or more will come into heat, so that is why is some cases you will see rut activity in January-March believe it not. Bucks travel now long distance still fired up to find a doe. Good luck!
This one must travel a good ways. the sign in the area is minimal at best then all the sudden Bam theres a bunch of sign lol then bare again

flankston

I found several fresh rubs yesterday - shavings on top of the leaves like you say. Even newer scrapes. It is a new shooter that has moved in. Coming through every 5 days or so. I won't be able to hunt him again until around New Years. Here are some pics if interested. I have him on camera and he wasn't around early season. I'm my experience sometimes buck move their core during the season once foliage changes.

Attachments

• 6B8CBAA2-5F69-492F-AE3B-C9DC9B28019B.jpeg
    6B8CBAA2-5F69-492F-AE3B-C9DC9B28019B.jpeg
    659.8 KB · Views: 43
  • A740D2EF-362B-42C3-BDC0-E4C0A562AD08.jpeg
    A740D2EF-362B-42C3-BDC0-E4C0A562AD08.jpeg
    702.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 1ADBE43C-B155-4A9A-845D-58D872E73FE0.jpeg
    1ADBE43C-B155-4A9A-845D-58D872E73FE0.jpeg
    760.2 KB · Views: 48

Chickencoop96

I found several fresh rubs yesterday - shavings on top of the leaves like you say. Even newer scrapes. It is a new shooter that has moved in. Coming through every 5 days or so. I won't be able to hunt him again until around New Years. Here are some pics if interested. I have him on camera and he wasn't around early season. I'm my experience sometimes buck move their core during the season once foliage changes.
that looks good! Although i haven't located any scrapes at any of my hunting spots this year. only rubs. been a weird year for sure. this buck has moved in but i don't think it's his only spot. i get the feeling they travel pretty far with several rub spots in between.

Chickencoop96

I typically see scrape activity pick up just after the primary rut is over. Not as heavy as before, but it can really clue you in to new bucks.
this is really the first time i've run into a new rubline this late in the season. i put a mineral block out on a stump so it will soak in and last throughout the spring and summer hopefully. if i don't catch him before season ends i should definitely get him on camera later

Latest posts