Fox Squirrel Down!

Jmoore

Decided to go sit in my deer blind this morning with my shotgun to fool the squirrels lol. I ended up getting the target squirrel that's been chewing my blind to pieces!! I've caught this squirrel red handed chewing on it. Biggest fox squirrel I've ever taken and she's going on the wall! IMG_20231216_072231717.jpgIMG_20231216_075821795.jpg

rem270

I changed out carpet and cleaned one of my blinds in Oct. Climbed in it last Monday and a dang squirrel was in it and had already made a nest. It chewed a good bit of the wood and was living life. As of late last week it hadn't come back but not sure how long it'll stay out of there either

Jmoore

I changed out carpet and cleaned one of my blinds in Oct. Climbed in it last Monday and a dang squirrel was in it and had already made a nest. It chewed a good bit of the wood and was living life. As of late last week it hadn't come back but not sure how long it'll stay out of there either
Yep they are pretty destructive! This 1 had done chewed ¾ the way through a true 2x4. The wood I used is oak from a 100 year old barn I tore down. That stuff is so hard you have to drill a pilot hole to put a screw in it!

TnBob

shot a many in my day. floating in a canoe. mounted my first one. still looking to get a black phase one
I saw a black one years ago on my grandparents place in Smith county. It was the prettiest one I ever saw. Had reddish feet and a huge white nose and white tipped tail. I was carrying a 243 so I went back with a 22 after deer season..... never saw it again. Lol

Iglow

I saw a nice fox squirrel today in a big poplar tree, my pup acted like she winded something but probably it was just luck. I was looking up in that poplar and saw a little tuffed of something that looked outta place and got my binoculars on it and there that rascal was. I looked at him through my scope but didn't shoot him cause the dog hadn't treed him. I don't shoot fox squirrels much cause they are kinda rare around here.

Latest posts