Found some cool leather.

Bowdacious

Many years ago my sis-in-law told me about some leather she saw in Sturgis. I saw some last weekend. It has a skeleton stitched to it with white leather. Pretty wild looking.

FULLDRAWXX75

I have a very close friend who had a custome jacket made, it is black with an entire skeleton (white leather) down the back, chest & arms.........all the white leather is outlined with reflective white piping and at night that is one awesome looking sight. The guy that made the jacket did a fantastic job making the bones the correct sizes and shapes to look real. (back bone, ribs, arm bones)

I wear black leather mostly, but have been thinking of going back to the brown like I used to wear in the early days............brown looks rich.

FDXX75

stik

tndrbstr said:
FULLDRAWXX75 said:
I have a very close friend who had a custome jacket made, it is black with an entire skeleton (white leather) down the back, chest & arms.........all the white leather is outlined with reflective white piping and at night that is one awesome looking sight. The guy that made the jacket did a fantastic job making the bones the correct sizes and shapes to look real. (back bone, ribs, arm bones)

I wear black leather mostly, but have been thinking of going back to the brown like I used to wear in the early days............brown looks rich.

FDXX75

I bet it does look pretty cool,...thats kind of like those old early monster movies where the skeleton was a guy that was in a black suit with the bones painted on it in white that glowed in the dark! :D

I wear brown because I get tired of some folks thinkin I'm tryin to be a biker. most just get labeled as posers, and some of em rightly so,...but then there is just no middle ground with some folks

..."nome sain"...
LOL!!!..sorry I just couldn't help it! :grin:

i wear black because the bike is black.

Bowdacious

The ones I found have all the bones. They are very cool but I couldn't pull it off because I'm not. :) I wear the black because it matches the bike. That and I like black better than brown. Shoot, I just like leather, period. Always have. It is very obvious that I am not a "biker" but simply a rider. ;) I used to hang with a "group" when I was in school at ETSU that frequented the same bar that my fraternity hung out at. They treated us great and I learned a lot about that lifestyle. I was also told by the leader to never become part of a group like theirs.

FULLDRAWXX75

tndrbstr said:
stik said:
tndrbstr said:
FULLDRAWXX75 said:

FDXX75

I bet it does look pretty cool,...thats kind of like those old early monster movies where the skeleton was a guy that was in a black suit with the bones painted on it in white that glowed in the dark! :D

I wear brown because I get tired of some folks thinkin I'm tryin to be a biker. most just get labeled as posers, and some of em rightly so,...but then there is just no middle ground with some folks

..."nome sain"...
LOL!!!..sorry I just couldn't help it! :grin:

i wear black because the bike is black.

Mine is too, and I personaly don't care what anybody wears.

I have friends that live and will die inside thier cultural life style and I personaly don't wear black leathers just out of respect for them (partly, that and I just don't like the looks of em!). Its really not that big of deal but Thats just my decision. When in fact many of them might not really care either.

There are lots of subtle things that carry important meaning to folks that live inside the biker life style as away of life. Since I grew up associating with folks and have friends that live, and many died, in that life style I just try to show respect for them by the persona that I put out there. I personaly have alway made an effort not to look like a typical biker at all. Don't take me wrong, I have alot of repect for most all of them. 99% of them are great folks that are really mis-judged imo. But as I say, thats just my choice, its really no big deal...

...Most of em just shake thier heads and smile when I pull into a waterin hole wearing my old tennis shoes and blue jeans. :)

Yep, my bike is black as well.........I just happened to get a great deal on the last jacket I bought and it also just happened to be black.

Personally, I don't much care what some folks think..........It's mind over matter, Those that mind don't matter, those that matter don't mind. I don't wear black leather to impress anyone, I wear leather because I need to stay warm.................To be honest I only wore my leather three times this past riding season, I found a really nice lightweight nylon jacket (insulated, windshear liner & black LOL) I wore it with a polarfleece pullover with temps. as low a 35 degs and no problems. The leather get heavy and bulky at times.

FDXX75

FULLDRAWXX75

tndrbstr said:
FULLDRAWXX75 said:
You just need to learn not to fall off your bike..........LOL.

I had to, yeah that last one was a mess, but you are still here to tell the story.

FDXX75

Hey I DIDN'T fall off :blush: ...I was leanin over checkin to make sure my gremlin bell was still there!!... :D :grin:

yep, and that was when the lace from your sneaker got caught in the chain, man of your age should be using velcro already........LOL

FULLDRAWXX75

tndrbstr said:
FULLDRAWXX75 said:
tndrbstr said:
FULLDRAWXX75 said:
You just need to learn not to fall off your bike..........LOL.

I had to, yeah that last one was a mess, but you are still here to tell the story.

FDXX75

Hey I DIDN'T fall off :blush: ...I was leanin over checkin to make sure my gremlin bell was still there!!... :D :grin:

yep, and that was when the lace from your sneaker got caught in the chain, man of your age should be using velcro already........LOL

I think harley is coming out with a line of crocks next spring! :grin:
orange and black for sure...I think the SE editions may even have lighting bolts on em!!.

You are killing me here, I want pics when you get them..................LOL.

I think Allen Jackson mentions them in one of his songs.......???

FDXX75

Latest posts