Found One Today

EchotaClovis

North Alabama. I may never find one that's 100%, but I'll keep trying. Any info would be great. Closest resemblance I could find was a Bolen type.

Attachments

• C7805255-55D2-40AD-A077-EA14C791B11E.jpeg
    C7805255-55D2-40AD-A077-EA14C791B11E.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 181
  • C542DF6C-5567-4ABC-BE05-EBF5A8D6F30A.jpeg
    C542DF6C-5567-4ABC-BE05-EBF5A8D6F30A.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 164

Creek

Great find. Sure looks like an early form of Big Sandy to me but several Graham Caves do as well, but thats a different story geographically speaking.
If you are not currently using this website I feel its pretty accurate and user friendly, hope you find it useful.
Again great find and keep em coming

EchotaClovis

Great find. Sure looks like an early form of Big Sandy to me but several Graham Caves do as well, but thats a different story geographically speaking.
If you are not currently using this website I feel its pretty accurate and user friendly, hope you find it useful.
Again great find and keep em coming
That website is great. Thanks for the recommendation!

EchotaClovis

Nice little point! Every time I find one the one thing that runs through my mind is that I'm the first human in a LONG time to handle it. That thought alone just stirs within me at that moment. The evolution of weapons and tools from then to the present is a huge leap.
Same here! It's a neat feeling and hard to describe the connection. I get very upset about losing one of my G5 Montec's. I wonder how they felt about losing something like this?

EchotaClovis

For someone who has never found one, where are these found?
I'm not the most experienced but I enjoy looking around nice creeks where Indians would have lived. Freshly tilled fields near creeks, edges of fields where water runs off and rocks collect, drainage ditches, etc. Search on YouTube and see where other people are finding them, then compare that to the land you have access to.

Creek

Found a nice one today along with a few pieces
Score !
Awesome finds right there. Im not sure about the type on that first stemmed piece but it does appear to be the infamous Ft Payne material.
The center piece in the last picture looks like it might have been broke and then possibly worked down to a drill or a perforating tool, before being broke again idk.

EchotaClovis

Score !
Awesome finds right there. Im not sure about the type on that first stemmed piece but it does appear to be the infamous Ft Payne material.
The center piece in the last picture looks like it might have been broke and then possibly worked down to a drill or a perforating tool, before being broke again idk.
I didn't think about that PBR. I think you nailed it on the one in the center. Looking at it closely on both sides, it does appear to be worked a second time. How cool.

EchotaClovis

Found these three very close to each other, not sure what they are. The one in the middle is a different type of rock.

Attachments

• 8DD118E9-4A1B-4935-B4C1-817AD785F3B7.jpeg
    8DD118E9-4A1B-4935-B4C1-817AD785F3B7.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 53
  • CF1C7E5F-8D6E-414C-979A-37865EE4CAEE.jpeg
    CF1C7E5F-8D6E-414C-979A-37865EE4CAEE.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 55

Creek

Found these three very close to each other, not sure what they are. The one in the middle is a different type of rock.
Nice finds. They dont show what I would call a considerable amount of edgework on them. Im not saying they werent used, they just dont have much flaking imo. The only preforms Ive seen are much larger but I have found several thumb scrapers around that size but again they had much more defined edgework.
The center piece appears it might have been exposed to heat.
Maybe someone more educated than I can help.
Keep em coming.

Latest posts