Found me somewhere!

timberjack86

Since I'm stuck up here in Kentucky working 6 days a week I've found out I have a wma that I can bow hunt literally 5 minutes from my hotel. It'll only be 1 day a week for as long as I'm up here but at least I'll be deer hunting and I've never killed a deer in Kentucky so maybe I'll make it happen. I'm either gonna process it in my hotel or find a processor. I'm sure the latter is the better option especially if you ask the ones that own the hotel 🤣

timberjack86

As a retired logger I almost melted at the sight of all the big walnut trees up here. No wonder they got bigger deer! Really really good soil to grown walnut like this!
IMG_20230812_194940797.jpg

timberjack86

Actually, I've butchers quite a few animals in hotel bathrooms. They're designed to be easily cleaned. First thing is to remove all the white towels, buy a bottle of disinfectant spray and a roll of paper towels. Quarter the deer in the field and just bring the cooler in and noone will know.
I may very well do that. I'm on the waiting list for an apartment at the hotel. That will be better with a full sized kitchen!

scn

Actually, I've butchers quite a few animals in hotel bathrooms. They're designed to be easily cleaned. First thing is to remove all the white towels, buy a bottle of disinfectant spray and a roll of paper towels. Quarter the deer in the field and just bring the cooler in and noone will know.
I still remember cleaning four limits of surf scoters in the shower of a room in Swann's Quarters many years ago after a Pamlico Sound seaduck hunt. It was an interesting evening.

ROB

Since I'm stuck up here in Kentucky working 6 days a week I've found out I have a wma that I can bow hunt literally 5 minutes from my hotel. It'll only be 1 day a week for as long as I'm up here but at least I'll be deer hunting and I've never killed a deer in Kentucky so maybe I'll make it happen. I'm either gonna process it in my hotel or find a processor. I'm sure the latter is the better option especially if you ask the ones that own the hotel 🤣
What part of KY?

kaizen leader

Good luck.

Bone Collector

As a retired logger I almost melted at the sight of all the big walnut trees up here. No wonder they got bigger deer! Really really good soil to grown walnut like this!View attachment 190388
I've seen Walnuts bigger than that on PP WMA. I always think... If I could just get them outta there without getting caught, how much money I could make. Oh and they're straight.

recurve60#

Bone it out in the field. Good luck!

SC Manimal

My buddies and I got thrown out of a motel in VA, when we hung a buck from the upstairs balcony to skin it, and worked it up in the bath tub! The clerk was not too happy, but at least we were finished before she got back there to ask us what the heck we thought we were doing...
I think this story needs its own thread. Don't spare the details.

Latest posts