Found a small nice one

Gray Ghost

Walking over a spot i have crossed 1000 times and driven over, I found a nice little point. Any guesses at what kind?

Attachments

• DDDEE5DD-CE0C-4B9F-B906-C11A959BF5D0.jpeg
    DDDEE5DD-CE0C-4B9F-B906-C11A959BF5D0.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 192

Creek

Walking over a spot i have crossed 1000 times and driven over, I found a nice little point. Any guesses at what kind?
Though irrelevant to the type, it appears to have some modern damage, possibly from driving over it as you mentioned.
Im not the best when it comes to ID's but I will say that Adena is a very common type that looks similar to yours.
Other characteristics might redefine a different ID, that the experts can tell.
Good luck and congrats on the find.
Here are some examples of Adena's

cbhunter

Though irrelevant to the type, it appears to have some modern damage, possibly from driving over it as you mentioned.
Im not the best when it comes to ID's but I will say that Adena is a very common type that looks similar to yours.
Other characteristics might redefine a different ID, that the experts can tell.
Good luck and congrats on the find.
Here are some examples of Adena's
Adena was my first thought as well but it's been a good 15-20 years since I was big into them

Crow Terminator

Looks like an adena style which would be common to Tennessee area. What is really cool about it and NOT as common is, it appears to be an adena made from knox chert. Most of them you find or see, are made from hornstone or ft payne/dover material. I've actually been looking hard for a decent grade, knox chert adena or turkey tail and of the dealers and collectors I have tapped for one, I have basically been told they've only seen a few in dozens of years collecting. In east TN, knox chert is a common material for smaller points, mostly because the nodules of the material are small. I've not been into this stuff long but I think that is a great find based on what I've heard in trying to find one myself out of that material. I could be wrong on ID but sure looks like knox chert to me.

Latest posts