For You Grim Reaper Guys

Back Home

I started using Grim Reapers last year and have been happy with the results. Shot two yesterday, both pass throughs but noticed the blades were closed. I was a little worried the blades weren't opening until I watched this. Pretty cool. I didn't know the blades closed as a result of inertia after exiting the deer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZOnwNS_cPw

PillsburyDoughboy

Back Home":29zja7rc said:
I started using Grim Reapers last year and have been happy with the results. Shot two yesterday, both pass throughs but noticed the blades were closed. I was a little worried the blades weren't opening until I watched this. Pretty cool. I didn't know the blades closed as a result of inertia after exiting the deer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZOnwNS_cPw
YEP!

Pigman before he made the switch to Muzzy was a big shooter of Grim Reapers and turned me onto them. I have never lost a animal to Grim Reapers when I did my part on the shot. Even when I had a marginal shot those extra long blades really come in handy. I just like that they fly EXACTLY to the same point of impact as my field points and generally speaking marginally more accurate than Fixed BroadHeads. Especially as the ranges get extended.

Beaver86

Huge fan of grim reapers. They have never let me down other than once when i hit the front leg bone in shoulder (no penetration) but it was a marginal shot on my part. Killed many a deer/hog with them.

Mike Belt

I've been shooting Reapers for the past 10 years or so and never had a problem with them. Prior to that I shot NAP Spitfires and talk about a hole and a blood trail...! The only reason I switched was because of the Reapers point. They penetrate on sharper angled shots where other broad heads might just produce a glancing blow. I felt like I should reduce any potential problems before a mishap occurred.

UTGrad

Grim Reapers are great heads but if you don't get a pass through the entrance hole can be quite small. The blades aren't fully deployed until inside the hide. I've had better blood trails with fixed blade heads or rear deploy heads like Rage Hypodermic. I have stuck deer with Reapers before without a pass through and virtually no blood trail whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts