Food Plots Food Plot for Deer & Turkey

rescue2087

Hey guys I'm sure this is a topic that has been addressed in the past, but here goes, I'm looking to plant a perennial in the spring that will attract both deer and turkey, anybody had any luck in the past with one? Thanks

BSK

Very hard to go wrong with perennial clovers, but they do best planted in fall. You can plant them in spring, but they do better (the first year) if planted in fall.

DntBrnDPig

I have 3 plots on my lease - one of which is done in clover with some rape in it, one is some throw and grow, and the other is Green Patch Plus. Out of the 3 plots - the one with clover is getting hammered now.

rescue2087

I planted clover this fall strickly with the deer in mind, its currently not doing so good with the dry september we had here on the Cumberland Plateau, I just wasn't sure if the turkey would be interested in the clover in the spring? Thanks for the help.

Big Pop

Turkeys seem always interested in clover. It should due well bgy spring. Might want to plant a nurse crop with it like wheat or rye.

Boone 58

Re: Food Plot for Deer & Turkey

What BSK said, we always use clover, ladino advantage.....and the turkeys pound it along with the deer!!

Latest posts