Florida player tackles Florida player to preserve victory ov

TreyB

Re: Florida player tackles Florida player to preserve victor

Mudbone":2rf8jsh4 said:
He coulda caused a fumble. Shuda let him run it in.
I agree

gator-n-buck

Re: Florida player tackles Florida player to preserve victor

"GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida won its game Saturday night against East Carolina under the most bizarre of circumstances.
And East Carolina quarterback Blake Kemp letting the football slip out of his grasp as he tried to throw a pass down 31-24 on the Florida 13-yard line was far from the weirdest part.
After Kemp fumbled, Florida defensive lineman Alex McCalister scooped up the ball and took off toward the end zone, with about 20 yards of open space between him and the closest East Carolina offensive player. It seemed like a sure touchdown.
That is, until linebacker Jarrad Davis chased him down and tackled him at the 41-yard line. Florida linebacker Jarrad Davis.
"It's a situation we've been practicing ever since camp," Davis explained after the game. "It's something that you just never know what can happen. You guys didn't think I could make the tackle. That's what I did."
Davis' thinking was to simply hand the ball back to the Florida offense with 12 seconds left on the clock and East Carolina having only one timeout. Game over.
"It's situational. We got the lead and the game is over," Davis said. "He can score easily, but we've just been harping on going down in those situations. Just seal the game and let the offense come out do the victory formation and we can go strike the band up and everybody can go home with the 'W.'"
But what if the junior linebacker had caused a fumble? Not to worry, Davis anticipated that possiblity too.
"That was scary. I tried to bear-hug him," he said. "It's been going around for a long time. He said if he gets the ball, nobody is going to ever tackle him. He didn't expect be coming to get him."

Latest posts