Flood damage

drake799

I have heard Gooch is at full flood stage, full pool and the game wardens plan on closing the gate and holding the water to save the money they would normally spend on pumping. That would mean all crops will be a total loss.
Wow that really sucks for people that drew down there Will having water on that timber from now till next March/April not be bad for it?

Dodge Man

Wow that really sucks for people that drew down there Will having water on that timber from now till next March/April not be bad for it?
It would not be the first time thei have done it. I remember several years back going down there opening day of squirrel season and it was flooded.

I am no expert but it didn't seem to damage any trees that time.

Bgoodman30

May be good for opening weekend having water so soon but after that....

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I have heard Gooch is at full flood stage, full pool and the game wardens plan on closing the gate and holding the water to save the money they would normally spend on pumping. That would mean all crops will be a total loss.
Wonder if you can drive to the boat ramps?
Thought about going down there this afternoon but I don't want to mess with jumping levee's and crap. Not that important.

Levee Jumper

What little corn is in the lower pool is already ruined I imagine. I too remember squirrel hunting some via a boat a couple different seasons. Won't be any driving a truck in for a few days.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 1.30.31 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 1.30.31 PM.png
    985.9 KB · Views: 108

Bgoodman30

20.48 and rising at Bogota... Will probably drastically change the dynamic of the West TN waterfowl landscape.. Some will benefit I am sure.

Dodge Man

20.48 and rising at Bogota... Will probably drastically change the dynamic of the West TN waterfowl landscape.. Some will benefit I am sure.
I would bet a lot of fields that have crops planted for ducks will get flooded out. There will be a lot less food for ducks to sit and not move this season.

Bgoodman30

I would bet a lot of fields that have crops planted for ducks will get flooded out. There will be a lot less food for ducks to sit and not move this season.

Yes those with good food that survives
Crazy how a year ago the Mississippi River was about to be dry.

No doubt. Those fields off the river with food "should" have a good year...

It is crazy. This year and last year are polar opposites. MS river still kind of low which is surprising with all the rain but the Obion sure hasn't started sucking out yet...

Latest posts