Fletching jig

southernhunter

My wonderful wife got me a gif card to 3 rivers archery. I want to use it to buy my first fletching jig. I like the reviews in the Arizona e-z fletch . What do y'all use ?

eddie c

I played with a EZ one time. just one time.

I learned on a 6 slot JoJan straight fletch(in a pro shop 25+ years ago). I later bought me a single slot JJ. I have not used a Blitz but would consider it. I know one shop that used the JJ clamps on the Blitz, said it did better.

doing one feather, or vane, at a time allows you the chance to inspect the fletch before moving on to the next one instead of trying all 3 at once and one or two didn't glue correctly. plus replacing a single feather is easier on a single slot fletcher.
my suggestion is to get one of the single fletchers vs the EZ.

Stykbow

I like the six arrow JoJan jig. I bought it because I could do six at once. I'm just a little impatient and couldn't stand doing one arrow to completion before I could start another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddie c

Stykbow":b12cqhyx said:
I like the six arrow JoJan jig. I bought it because I could do six at once. I'm just a little impatient and couldn't stand doing one arrow to completion before I could start another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when I was working in the pro shop, we had 3 six slots going at one time. I don't know how many dozens of shafts I ran through those things. now I'm happy to do one arrow at a time on rainy days.

Beaver86

I use a bitz and love it. Adjustable, does feathers or plastic, and made of metal so it's easy to clean and will last a lifetime. But if I went through a bunch of fletchings I would probably switch to some kind of multi fletch jig.

Latest posts