Fletched up some arrows

Radar

DSCF1324.jpg

DSCF1327.jpg

Radar

P.S. I like the TruFlight feathers much better than the Gateway feathers I used on my last dozen . I spin tested them before the epoxy dried with a broadhead in the inserts , and only had one insert that had a slight wobble with the broadhead installed . I fixed it with the G5 squaring devise . :)

richmanbarbeque

Looks good Scott. What difference did you find in the feathers? I know I have used the gateway and I think I have used the TruFlight. If I did I must not have noticed much difference. I will have to gather my feathered arrows and compare side by side.

Radar

The Truflight feathers have a thinner base , making them a little more flexible and easier to fletch with more helical . The barred colors have better contrasting colors too .

Radar

muddyboots said:
I always used to fletch mine when I used aluminum arrows. Are the carbon arrows any different to fletch?
I adjusted my clamp to fit the smaller diameter shafts ,and use super glue gel to fletch with on carbon shafts .

RussellvilleRob

Radar said:
muddyboots said:
I always used to fletch mine when I used aluminum arrows. Are the carbon arrows any different to fletch?
I adjusted my clamp to fit the smaller diameter shafts ,and use super glue gel to fletch with on carbon shafts .

I always thought that expensive glue smelled like superglue. Do you think there is a difference? Is it any harder to clean off if you have to make a replacement?

Radar

I never have had a fletching come off using super glue gel or similar adhesives designed for fletching .It is difficult to clean off the shafts , but that is the downside of using adhesive that holds up well without the fletchings stripping off . With the arrow wraps , I usually soak them in hot water to strip off the wraps and fletchings .
For stripping one fletching , I just use an arrow stripper . It messes up the wrap a little , but it keeps me from having to strip all 3 fletchings to replace just one .

Latest posts