Flash light you use?

Meateater

thejedi said:
Just a note: I use a green streamlight and thought it would not spook game. Well the Turkeys sure don't like it, I scared them of the roost several times during this deer season.

Green and red light work well on deer because of the deer's ability to see a limited color spectrum.

Birds like turkeys see the world a lot differntly than deer. I imagine most light colors will pretty well spook them, but I still use green to keep from spooking deer, which can alarm turkey. Plus it is a lot easier on my eyes.

Bubba G

I use one of them cheap brim mount green leds from walmart for climbing. I usually use a mini maglite converted to led when needed. I ran across 2 surefire flashlights for sale on an offroad forum last week and said what the heck and bought them both for $50+the ride. It was a G2 with and Led and a G3 with a regular bulb. Both included new batteries. They are awesome. The G3 is brighter than my d cell maglite. I am very impressed with these lights.

PDenning25

I like my Night owl
with its IR light I can see out to 100 yards on a new moon
best thing about it is the deer cant see you
made for some interesting times stalking to my tree in tottal darkness

Team Browning

I just bought the new Coleman l.e.d light they have at WalMart, 115 lumens and it has a built in red and green LED switch. $29 bucks so Im really looking forward to using it in about 3 weeks! That same amount of light in a stream light or g2 nitrolon is much higher. It's aluminum just like the high dollar lights.

Hogbear

Team Browning said:
I just bought the new Coleman l.e.d light they have at WalMart, 115 lumens and it has a built in red and green LED switch. $29 bucks so Im really looking forward to using it in about 3 weeks! That same amount of light in a stream light or g2 nitrolon is much higher. It's aluminum just like the high dollar lights.

It's a very nice light for the price and they also have a headlight that runs on 3 AAA batteries and has a high and low output. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... d=10196615

Both are great deals.

MFBAB

I use a Brinkman LED headlight and for tracking a Garrity LED spotlight, the spotlight is really cool, it will burn forever since it's LED and it's a pistol grip style that really puts out some light(not quite a q-beam but won't run out of juice in the middle of a track on you either). It only cost about $15 at Wally and one of the best bargains I've gotten in a long time.

nock

I've got the Surefire G2. It's the brightest light I have ever owned. You can save on the batteries by buying the bass pro brand of batteries. They are just as good for about half the price of duracells. A friend said home depot sales batteries that will fit it also that are pretty cheap.

Latest posts