Fishing sure has changed

Sako

I certainly can tell who does and does not have live scope type systems... Looked out the back window and there is a boat out there with 2 guys fishing... both at the very front of the boat and looking straight down at graphs... Sure changes the way people fish. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it or not. At least for me (I do not crappie fish) I am not sold on it for me

Chiflyguy

I've been checking it out lately but too much money.
Back when I ice fished, I had a Vexilar flasher. Did pretty much the same thing.
I don't fault guys for using them.
Time is valuable.
I think they're cool.
Still gotta get the fish to bite.

WTM

its not just for crappie. ice fishermen and salmon/trout trollers have been using panoptix since the first gen ps21 and ps30's were released almost 10 years ago.

i dont have a problem with it bought the first ps21 and then garmin pissed me off with the lvs32 and requiring a new mfd.

im not really worried about depleting the fishing resource as fisheries biologists will adjust the limits as new data is studied. the popular saying nowadays is "you cant make em bite". i can guarantee that there are several on a lake that day that can make them bite.

the couple of problems i have is in "pro" fishing. lets me honest with ourselves, its made of joes into pros.

the second thing is all these "products" these bait companies, battery companies, supply comlanies etc. using FFS to sell products that wont ever work and will possibly damage their equipment, pretty much fleecing folks of their hard earned money.

Harold Money jr

It sure is a great tool for me. I don't stare at it very much but, I do check to see if the fish I'm casting at are still there and how deep they are. With the live scope I've learned they move all the time. I can't stand to watch the shows with the anglers looking down all the time.

agelessssone

Let's ride out here in an open lake and both stare at the screen and watch our baits and the fish. Some things are just not fun and relaxing like fishing use to be.
Livescope can be disheartening when you watch tons of fish swim by your offering and they don't touch it.
And I have all my graphs mounted waist high so we don't have to stare at our feet all day.
It will let you know if the fish are even there.
Just because you caught them there two days ago doesn't mean they are there today, especially open water species like wipers and stripers and white bass.

rsimms

I certainly can tell who does and does not have live scope type systems... Looked out the back window and there is a boat out there with 2 guys fishing... both at the very front of the boat and looking straight down at graphs... Sure changes the way people fish. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it or not. At least for me (I do not crappie fish) I am not sold on it for me
I used a Livescope for about a year-and-a-half and decided, "Nope, it's not for me." Sold it to a very fine TNDeer member who seemingly loves it. I'm glad to have found it a good home. ;)

Spurhunter

I certainly can tell who does and does not have live scope type systems... Looked out the back window and there is a boat out there with 2 guys fishing... both at the very front of the boat and looking straight down at graphs... Sure changes the way people fish. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it or not.
I used to think the same thing. I would be spider rigging and seemingly every other boat had a guy or two just staring at the screen. Nonstop. I could troll right by and they never knew I was there. I thought there is no way I would want to do that. Then I tried it. It is not relaxing. It's not laid back. But it's so much fun. I do miss relaxing while spider rigging, but it's not as much fun.

bluball

I was looking down all the time way before livescope.With the point 1 lowrance antenna I could stay on a crappie bed without throwing a marker boy when jigging.I have been starring down at the screen for almost 10yrs now.

Tn Joe

I was looking down all the time way before livescope.With the point 1 lowrance antenna I could stay on a crappie bed without throwing a marker boy when jigging.I have been starring down at the screen for almost 10yrs now.
This!

I've been watching a screen while running the TM for many many years. Trying to stay on brush piles and working channel ledges. Now I just have a bigger screen on a taller mount.

Last edited:

Latest posts