First traditional bow kill (video)

Wiggy

Got my first traditional bow kill. Words can't express how blessed I feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erClgW_Zx0I

I started shooting a recurve bow when I was 9 years old, and I started bowhunting when I was 14. I've taken deer with a compound and crossbow but up until now I haven't gotten anything with a recurve.

fairchaser

Cool video wiggy. Were you using a gopro? I'm trying to video some hunts this year with my gopro and wondering if you had some advice. Great buck by the way. Congrats!

southernhunter

Awesome vid and deer. Is that the samick sage ? I bought a samick journey same bow longer limbs . Mine is very loud. But I am hoping to get s shot with it this year at some point.

Wiggy

Thanks guys!

The camera I used is actually a Sony Cybershot. I'm not even sure if they still make them anymore. The GoPro would probably have better battery life than this camera does. The best advice I can give for filming your hunts is to get good camera mounts. I have one mount on my treestand and I use a telescopic tripod. The more options you have, the better.

It is a Samick Sage bow. I have found that with the Samick bows they are very picky about brace height. You really have to play around with it to get it to quiet down but once you find the proper brace height for the quietest shot they tend to be very nice. Mine is quiet enough that I never thought about string silencers or anything. Also, the Dacron string expands and contracts a LOT with changing temperature and humidity so your brace height can fluctuate wildly. I check mine before I go out every day and every day it's different so I have to twist/untwist the string to get it back to where it needs to be.

Tennessee Lead

How cool was that!
Congrats to you that's a great buck. That's awesome to kill it with a traditional bow from the ground. Very impressive.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

AllOutdoors

It must be fake though without the new super HD Realtee nitrous oxide injected 3d oak camo pattern and a super fast cam × no cam bow that hits hard and flies straight with no drop for the first 60 yrds. Congrats!

AlanH

Wow everything about this hunt was the hard way, on the ground, self filmed, with a traditional bow!! Great Job!!!

Outrigger

Congratulations and thanks for sharing a great accomplishment and video.
I would really like to know how much weight were you pulling on your Sage.

Thanks Again

elroyjr55

Nice, congrats on your buck with traditional equipment. It's a great feeling get one using traditional equipment . It never gets old .

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Wiggy

Thanks guys! This is a really old thread, lol, but I still appreciate it. I didn't get the chance to use my recurve this season, but maybe next season I'll be able to dig it out. I still have numerous outdoor themed videos uploaded to my channel as well. I hope you guys were successful this bow season, but if it was anything like mine it was kind of rough!

To answer Outrigger's question, the bow is 45# at 28". The arrows I'm shooting have an over all weight of around 580gr if I remember correctly and have a pretty high FOC. I've always focused more on how the arrows were set up more than draw weight.

Latest posts