First lite sale

dogmatik

I hear about the warmth and comfort of this stuff and others in same price range. How does it handle blackberries and briars? I'd hate to spend the money and trash them the first day. Not that I always walk through the nasty stuff, but sometimes it can't be avoided.

Hduke86

I hear about the warmth and comfort of this stuff and others in same price range. How does it handle blackberries and briars? I'd hate to spend the money and trash them the first day. Not that I always walk through the nasty stuff, but sometimes it can't be avoided.
DONT walk in blackberries or briars with merino wool based First lite. It will get picked for sure but they have other stuff that's not so sensitive to blackberries and briars. Even with my First Lite bibs I try to avoid that kind of stuff cause I say it would pick it.

REN

No wool product handles briars well, thats not limited to FL. Having said that I pretty much use their stuff for base and outerwear 99% of the time and have for multiple years. Thats from deer, turkey, ducks and some pheasant up north. Never had and issue with durability personally.

dogmatik

No wool product handles briars well, thats not limited to FL. Having said that I pretty much use their stuff for base and outerwear 99% of the time and have for multiple years. Thats from deer, turkey, ducks and some pheasant up north. Never had and issue with durability personally.
Cool. Thanks REN. I have never layed eyes on our touched this product. I totally get it for base layers, but for outer I assumed they would pull bad. I just ordered some Carhart's in Bottomland, which said they where durable, but now that I have them, I am leery of removing the tags!

REN

Cool. Thanks REN. I have never layed eyes on our touched this product. I totally get it for base layers, but for outer I assumed they would pull bad. I just ordered some Carhart's in Bottomland, which said they where durable, but now that I have them, I am leery of removing the tags!

Ive used badlands, sitka, Kuiu and a few other outer layer companys stuff. FOR ME I liked FL the best for fit and feel as well as warmth. Their outer layer is plenty durable for normal use IMO. most all outerware is gonna have some snags and issues if you spend a ton of time briar busting.

they like sitka and badlands due have a warrenty on the items so if they just fall apart of fail through normal use they will work with you on fixing them or replacing them. Having said that, their CS sometimes leaves a little to be desired vs sitka or badlands.

Gravey

I have the Chama hoody and like it as a base layer or second layer. I also have other merino wool base layers and see no real difference in any of them so get what works for you. I had the sanctuary bibs and jacket and they are extremely warm. Just too bulky for me so sold them to someone on here. The Sitka outerwear fits me better and isn't near as bulky so I don't feel like the Michelin man. All are good. Comes down to personal preference.

Latest posts