• Help Support TNDeer:

First coyote hunt.

7mmDeathPunch

hey guys im new to the forums. A few weeks back i went on my first predator hunt, with deer season already over i was itching to hunt so i decided to pick up a few calls and go at it. 32 mins on my second stand this pretty cat showed up out of thin air 3 feet away from the e-caller, looked like he was bout to attack it lol.
099_zpsb7068623.jpg

then on the 3rd third stand after 20 mins of calling this coyote came strolling in and my 7mm let him have it. yeah yeah i know a bit overkill but i was going crazy wanting to shoot my new weatherby vanguard.
105_zpsd87b22d5.jpg

anyways i had the time of my life. It was an awesome feeling going out for your first time and being successfull.
102_zps3f525513.jpg

ah my few weeks ago was more like a month and a half ago lol. bobcat season ends feb 28. i shot him mid january probly

for the wilson co. area it was our first snow of the year, so if you can remember when that was, thats when i shot her

Very, very nice on the cat and coyote call in and kills. You make it look easy- these old Eastern predators don't cooperate often-at least for me! Congrats and welcome to an addictive sport- much more exciting than any hunting I have ever done.

Plateau Hunter, ive been deer hunting for 11 years, and hunting on my own for the past 5 years. My first coyote hunt was far more exiting than any deer hunt ive ever been on! No other hunting like it!

Back