First 10/22

Displaced_Vol

Ran over to SMGA in Knoxville and picked up one of their Smoky Mountain Woodland camo 10/22s. Just put about 50 rounds through it and it was just plain fun. Got to adjust the iron sights some and eventually I'll put a scope on it. Probably change a trigger out at some point and may even get real crazy with a suppressor sometime. I forgot how much fun it is to just throw some .22s down range.

Side note I like the SMGA store but it was pretty busy on Saturday and they were a little short staffed. It took a while for someone to be able to help me as I think they only had 2 guys working behind the counter. The actual process of buying there was different. Go to the register and they fill out some paperwork, move over to a bar with laptops where you do your 4473 (whatever the background check form) on a laptop, wait on the response from the feds then back up to the register to pay for it. Again, not complaining and I saw first hand how many guns they sell in a day so it's probably the best process but a few more bodies would have helped. Just an FYI if anybody plans to visit on a busy weekend make sure you have some free time.
I am used to smaller LGS where I fill out the paper form and walk out with my gun in 10 minutes.

Attachments

• BBD99AD2-F5F9-4271-A2EF-402C460EDCE6.jpeg
    BBD99AD2-F5F9-4271-A2EF-402C460EDCE6.jpeg
    287.8 KB · Views: 92

44 mag

Nice! I've decided on the 10/22 Light Varmint Target, but I haven't found one anywhere but Gunbroker so far.
I picked one of these up at a LGS last week. To be honest I had to look up the Light Varmint Target and realized it was the one I had bought lol. I just liked the 20in stainless threaded barrel. Price was right as well. I haven't even shot it yet.

Remington700

If you don't want to get a drop in trigger. I will leave this here for others that are interested in lightening their 10/22 trigger. Here is a video on how to do it. Basically you change the current trigger with Volquartsen parts and a shim kit. It made my trigger so much better. It does take some tinkering. All of the parts can be purchased off of Ebay.

Latest posts