Firearms question

cm1021

Wondering about the legality of hunting with a short barrel rifle, a suppressor, is there a magazine limit on centerfire rifles? I have found some information on hunting with a suppressor and it seems to be legal from everything I have found. But it doesn't say anything in particular in the handbook about it being ok or not ok.

Sea-ark

From the misselanious section of manner and means in the hand book.

10. The use of suppressors/silencers is legal for persons possessing the required federal license from the United States Department of Treasury. Hunters using these devices must have proof of such license on their person.

cm1021

Thanks for the exact reference. Now I just need to know about the Short barrel rifle part and is there a magazine limit on centerfire rifles

scn

There is not a magazine limit on any rifle.

TWRA does not have regulations dealing with short barrelled rifles. However, it is my understanding that they are only legal to possess with the proper ATF permit. You would need to have a copy of that permit on your person to avoid any issues.

cm1021

OK that's exactly what I was wondering. I always keep a set of papers with me so that's not a problem. Thanks for the quick response SCN!