Finally on the board!

Bone Collector

This season started out tough for me. Hopefully this will get me heading in the right direction.

Yesterday I went to Priest and got there early. I was convinced I had the right spot picked. launched the boat, got my stuff, started it up ran 10 feet and died. did that about 5 times, and i thought maybe its not getting gas. pumped the bubble on the gas line and gas is spraying up in the air. I paddled it in an pulled it out of the water and headed home. Great day to hunt wasted. :(

Today looked good from a weather standpoint, but none of my stands on Priest are good for a SSW or SW wind. SO i headed to my land and hunted a stand that I put in back in January, so this was the first hunt out of it. Got settled in a little bit late. It was almost legal light. Sat there let things quiet down and was able to see pretty good, so I checked the phone and it was 6:35. put it back, about 2 minutes later heard something to my right and thought it was a squirrel. Its real thick on my land and all the sudden at 15 yds this doe just materializes out of the cedar. I get the CB up and she walks into my lane. I give her a Meeehh and she stops at 10 yds. Put one though the boiler room and she jumped about 4 feet off the ground. ran about 40 yds and just stood there. then started to walk back into my lane. I'm thinking I need a follow up?? chocolate chip cookie the CB reload, she is walking slow and is behind a tree, but once she gets out my plan is to shoot her again. all the sudden she just tips over and dies in sight.

If you look at the big tree directly in front and look about 3 feet up the trunk, just to the left you can see a white spot that is where she fell.
7b1e1bb5-a235-4c13-bb32-8b59016c48b1_zps0f9425a8.jpg

I had already butchered, her when I realized i did not snap a picture. I covered up the spinal cord and took a picture at a angle to reduce the gore, but you get the idea.
IMG_0480_zps74a0b0ed.jpg

its grainy but I had another come in later. shot her with the camera. this is at about 30 yds, with an Iphone.

66c6722c-de88-414d-8251-7ac26751fe4a_zps62f92c27.jpg

Latest posts