finally done til August

deerhunter10

We got the last of the soy beans in today between food plots and cutting hay and working 50-60 hours a week we have been none stop for several weeks now. We have clover chicory power plant soy beans corn and sunflowers in the ground. come August we will plant our radishes turnips winter wheat(around mid September) and winter peas. Ready for deer season.

csi-tech

You are way ahead of me. I just got started bush hogging. I am in the process of selecting 2 food plot locations and clearing them. The property is such a mess it's hard to even know where to begin. I know I have to get a few green fields established and find places near cover for the plots. I'm still trying to get the lift on my tractor working again. I can't lift a golf ball right now much less a disc harrow.

Hunter 257W

I'm throwing in the towel and giving up on a Summer plot this year. Never got time when the weather was right and now I figure that I'm probably better off leaving the 3 acre grown up plot "as-is" for fawning cover considering how little cover I have around my area. The deer have at least 350 acres of young soybeans to eat plus all the natural browse in the fencerows and my Alfa Rack plot in another part of the farm. The neighbor is likely to put in another 250 acres of late beans too.

I know how you feel csi-tech - some years I've been plagued by equipment problems every time I get a tractor out of the shed. Ignition coils getting hot and quitting, collapsing fuel lines, sprayer filter nozzle/problems, 3 pt hitch problems, flat tires from thorns, etc. etc. :)

deerhunter10

Oh tractor problems we know how that is part of equipment but it does suck tires hydro's fuel pumps all kinds of crap I actually had re fab a couple brackets for our disc that we broke its been a mess of a year for sure but its worth it