Final Four

Bamamonts

Looking like Purdue going to advance to the championship game.
This Bama team has been fun to watch in this tournament. I didn't think they would still be dancing this far into the tournament.
This UConn team has been playing great basketball. I really hope Bama can give them a game. Roll Tide!

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I don't expect Alabama to win, but they have a better chance than NCSt had. They will probably shoot 40-45 threes in the game, and they have the ability to hit 20. They have no chance to stop UCONN, but they might be able to outscore them.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Purdue showed their historical (normal) poor ball handling the last two games. They had 14 turnovers today and 10 against UT, and Smith had poor games in both. UCONN will win by 30 if he plays like that.

JBell

I'm surprised that guy from ncst didn't get in foul trouble. He must have been drilled all week. Made some careless fouls last week

JBell

I don't see how UConn strips the ball and blocks as many shots so cleanly. Very disciplined hands

JBell

Good game. UConn's defense kept bama off of their plan late and the forced shots didn't fall. Should be a good NC game monday

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Good game. UConn's defense kept bama off of their plan late and the forced shots didn't fall. Should be a good NC game monday
Yes. Bama had a chance but could not hit during the last 4-5 minutes while Uconn shot really well including nailing some tough shots; several different UConn players were scoring. Uconn played tough perimeter defense with a huge rim protector inside. UConn coach got his team to slow the pace down several times.

Alabama had a good season. Coach Oats lost all 3 assistant coaches from last year and had to put a portal team together after some players left unexpectedly. Bama should be better next season but there is no way to know at the moment which players will return.

Spurhunter

alabama played as well as they could play and gave it a valiant effort, but UConn is just too dang good. The game was closer than the final score.

I'm looking forward to seeing Clingan against Edey. It's going to be fun to see Edey pick on somebody his own size. We are going to find out just how good he is. Or is not.

Last edited:

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Been 7 years since two No 1's made it to championship game, and 10th time overall. While seemingly rare, that's almost 25% of the years since 1980. Number one seeds have a winning percentage of 80% in all tournament games since 1985 when it went to 64 teams, even Purdue has a record of 7-2 as a number one seed (thanks to 5 wins this year of course!). The Purdue team in 1988 was my freshman year there, and I still think that was their best team in their history. A couple other facts about Purdue…they have the most conference championships in big 10 with 26, and they are the only team in the big 10 with a winning record against all the other teams. Coach Painter played at Purdue when I was there, and I remember Gene Keady saying in his freshman year that he would be the future coach at Purdue. Painter's record as head coach is even better than Keadys was.

I know, I know, nobody cares about Purdue down here cept me.

prstide

Been 7 years since two No 1's made it to championship game, and 10th time overall. While seemingly rare, that's almost 25% of the years since 1980. Number one seeds have a winning percentage of 80% in all tournament games since 1985 when it went to 64 teams, even Purdue has a record of 7-2 as a number one seed (thanks to 5 wins this year of course!). The Purdue team in 1988 was my freshman year there, and I still think that was their best team in their history. A couple other facts about Purdue…they have the most conference championships in big 10 with 26, and they are the only team in the big 10 with a winning record against all the other teams. Coach Painter played at Purdue when I was there, and I remember Gene Keady saying in his freshman year that he would be the future coach at Purdue. Painter's record as head coach is even better than Keadys was.

I know, I know, nobody cares about Purdue down here cept me.
There is nothing wrong with being excited about Purdue being where they're at. You should be pumped given your history of being a student/lifelong fan and the level of difficulty it takes to make it into the position they're in. Especially after the heart break of how last years season ended! Should be a very entertaining game tonight so long as the world doesn't end during the eclipse.😁

JBell

Enjoy the ride poor. All of us enjoyed our teams success while it lasted. I'm actually looking forward to this game. Edey's draft stock will be decided on tonight's performance.

Latest posts