Figured it out

DaveB

Can't find the place I would go to....here are alternate choices....I am not an AR guy at all.....The RISE rave trigger I have I like

backyardtndeer

Triggers matter, but can make so so triggers much better with jp reduced weight increased reliability sping sets, yellow and red. Can make due just fine with cmmg or aero lpk's. Never used any of the"top tier" or high dollar lpk's.

BetterDaniel

The trigger and fire control group kind of IS the LPK. Buffer tube doesn't matter, stock matters. Geisssele makes the best (as pennywise67 mentioned); however, considering that for the cost of a Geissele is about 4 times that of a standard trigger group i have a hard time justifying one. A standard trigger with a polish job feels pretty good and I have lots of spare parts. The parts on the rifle that make the greatest difference to accuracy are all in your upper receiver. With limited resources, I would spend the extra money on a nice SS barrel and good optic. Otherwise, if money is no object just buy the best of everything and make it a Gucci gun.

kamml

I have bought generic trigger lower parts groups before and then replaced the trigger itself with JP or Rock River. I had problems with my last build an LR308. The AR/LR 308 C*** lower parts kit that I bought for the build had hinge pins that were too short. A generic Midway kit for an AR/LR308 fixed that. The addition of the JP trigger kit gave me crisp 4.5 lb trigger for around $100. No doubt the Geissele is still the best trigger overall.

backyardtndeer

With limited resources, I would spend the extra money on a nice SS barrel and good optic.
Dollar for dollar, hard to beat a ballistic advantage barrel. Aero uses ba barrels. Wilson barrels are also good for their price point.

That being said, while back there was some steals on dpms and bushmaster barrels and many other liquidated remington parts at cdnn. Talking like $59 for a stainless 16 inch and $69 for a 20 inch stainless. I have tested a few of those and they are sub 1 inch barrels all day long. Most dpms barrels I have shot have yielded acceptable to very good accuracy.

Latest posts