Fertilizing clovers

AlabamaSwamper

Anyone been able to fertilize this year?

With no rain, I've been scared to put any out in fear of burning it up.

Clover still looks good but some we haven't bushhogged yet but will this weekend. I wonder if it's been a good thing to keep the oats and wheat up tall around it. It hasn't seemed to hurt it and what we did bushhogg is burning up. Maybe it has kept it in the shade.

Heat

Hey, I asked BSK this past winter and he said, spring's the time to fertilize clover.I did mine in early March, and worked out great.

Boone 58

With the drought being what it has been i believe the only way to go is this sept and follow the soil test recs.....Ours called for 0-60-100 on one field in our sample test for Durana clover and three other fields called for 0-100-100.....no way i would have known that without a proper soil test....they are priceless.

156p&y

I did mine in spring and has helped it survive a little longer than I thought it would with this drought. Everything even remotely in a field is burnt up brown. The only clover I have still alive is in small woodland plots. Heck me and the other farmhand quit work at 1:00 today. There is nothing to do even on 1,000 acres! The farm we work seems to have gotten the worst of it around here. Everyday we watch as rain just goes around us. There is a big ridge line in the back of the place and I think it pushes rain around us all the time.

Latest posts